Wednesday 5 July 2023

The thrills that you spill


Media whores!

In this gloomy middle-of-the-week moment, with grey clouds, wind, showers and a drop in temperatures, I think a selection of some of the "newer" choons that have caught my ear of late is in order...

First up, the official Pride in London anthem [we missed him live on stage in Trafalgar Square on Saturday, but hey ho]:

Here's a surprise - Steps' very own "Lulu impersonator" Claire has struck out on her own...

The bundle of joy that is Netta [Eurovision Song Contest winner in 2018] is back with a rather jolly new song:

Calming things down just a tad - here's a little something I discovered thanks to the Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show on BBC Radio 6 Music:

Keeping the mood on the mellow side, a choon that's definitely not new [it was recorded during lockdown at the outset of the COVID pandemic], but new to me, so that's all that matters. It's truly gorgeous:

Shooting us straight back to the electronic 1980s, here's the latest from the artist formerly known as "Bimbo Boy":

This young lady's new song was recently described thus: "brilliantly blends the grooves of Deee-Lite’s “Groove Is In The Heart” with references to the catchy beats of Crystal Waters‘ iconic dance track “Gypsy Woman.” It’s a perfect fusion that showcases her talent and love for the genre." I'll let you be the judge of that, dear reader. [I quite like it!]:

Speaking of "happiness", there is very little in this world that gives me as much joy as a new - and customarily bonkers - number from one of our "house bands" here at Dolores Delargo Towers...

And finally, a song that has very nearly, but not quite, lately rivalled Our Princess Kylie's Padam, Padam in the earworm stakes pour moi:

As ever, dear reader, let me know your thoughts...

14 comments:

  1. I thought I saw you on TMZ!!!!! I enjoyed all these latest ditties, I have adored the You Make Me Feel....but the only one I don't like is the Meghan Trainor song, Im so NOT a fan of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't know a TMZ from a ZTT, to be honest (I had to look it up). Shame about the Meghan Traynor song - I love it! [Even if the former Mrs Kardashian is in the video...] Jx

      Delete
  2. That Adam Lambert number is a revelation, I would have thought no one could sound more fabulously queer than Sylvester, but here we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's full of surprises, that man! Jx

      Delete
  3. Some great music. I can’t look at the Meghan Trainor vid since it features shallow media whore Kris Jenner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I don't get the "Pavlov's dogs" bile reaction from Mrs Jenner, since I never watch any "reality" television shows so all I know of her is from the gossip columns in the tabloids. I like the song. Jx

      Delete
  4. Adam Lambert can do no wrong.
    Claire from Steps - ha - yes, she does look a bit like Lulu!!
    Netta - A lot better than I thought it was going to be!
    Yuksek - I thought it was going to go into Symphony for the Devil, but obviously didn't. Okay - it'd probably grow on me.
    Anoraak - Apologies, not an instant hit with me.
    Eurotix - Yes - very familiar!!
    Rose Gray - Ho Hum.
    Fascinating Ada - Fun! Who wouldn't want to try being a Kangaroo?!
    Meghan Trainor - I always like Ms Trainor! Never disappoints!
    Sx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed most of my selection, Ms Scarlet! You are a most thorough reviewer, and should be on Jukebox Jury hosted by David Jacobs. In black and white. With evening gloves. Jx

      Delete
  5. Sometimes, my tastes veer wildly. Sometimes not.

    And Fascinating Aida always gets me going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pee Ess...love the purple, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really great choice of colour, I think! Jx

      Delete
  7. Adore Netta. She has me for life. Meghan came on the scene as an original and quickly morphed into everyone else. This one is fun, but that Car-crash-ian sort of ruins it for me. Though I would approve if at the end of the vid the dancers cannibal-ized her. And Adam! Can he do no wrong? Happy Pride, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netta is one of those life-affirming artists, isn't she? Always seems to be having fun, whatever she does.

      Unfortunately the consensus among most people here is that the mere presence of Mrs Jenner in that video turns opinion against it - such a pity Miss Traynor didn't use a more popular matriarch like Livia Drusilla, Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest or the Evil Queen from Snow White... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]