Thursday 27 July 2023

Like a moth to a fly zapper

Due to a quirk in the laws of physics and alcohol, some very stupid ideas make a lot of sense on a Sunday at 1am. Including these:

Buying and eating a kebab
In the cold light of day you can see kebabs for what they really are: fucking disgusting. But at the magical hour of 1am on a Sunday, the warming red glow of the meat grill draws you in like a moth to a fly zapper. No wonder they’re always open so late. It’s the only time people are in enough of an altered state of mind to eat them.

Pissing in a back alley
Traditionally, people relieve themselves in toilets, but that’s not the case first thing on a Sunday. During that time every surface and corner is a loo waiting to happen, with back alleys becoming the most viable option. They’re free and convenient, but do carry the risk of arrest if someone sees you. Which they inevitably will, because you’re so drunk you’re bellowing Sweet Caroline while you wee.

Starting a fight
At any other time, your brain wisely holds you back from saying ‘The fuck you looking at?’ to someone you think you can take. It rationally concludes that would be a dumb thing to do and you would likely lose anyway because look at you. You should listen to your brain. On this rare occasion, it knows what it’s talking about.

Going home with someone you’ve just met
Being led back to the house of an intoxicated person you don’t know the name of is an absurd idea, and for good reason. Even if you’re lucky and there’s the possibility of sex, it’ll be crappy, early morning drunken sex. You’d be better off going home and getting a good night’s sleep in your own bed instead of clumsily rutting for seven minutes and falling asleep with the nagging feeling that you’re going to regret this.

Texting your ex
Sending a quick ‘Hey, how’s it going?’ to your ex is a bad move 24/7. They’ll either ignore you, which is a slow poison in itself, or they’ll reply with the honest truth which is even worse. Do you really want to know how much happier they are now, or hear about the vast amount of mind-blowing sex they’re having? No. You do not.

The Daily Mash

Of course.

12 comments:

  1. I do hope your weekend plans contain all of these. I also hope you'll consider visiting my blog, I have had to relocate back to Blogger because of the small minds in charge of WordPress. mrpeenee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything except texting an ex is a possibility... Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh god....
    Suddenly I'm very grateful to have grown out of nights out on the town every weekend.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing your kebab while having a fight was probably the worst, Ms Scarlet. Jx

      Delete
  3. I'm guilty of 2.

    Not in a back alley, a shop doorway to be precise, when in Blackpool.

    There was 'room to roam' in Colin's Guesthouse, Blackpool, back in the early 2000s. I remember waking up early on Sunday morning sandwiched between 2 naked men, I got up and checked myself 'down there' for any tell tales signs of interference, sadly, there wasn't any, so I got dressed and left the room, on the landing I passed a man in y-fronts who was just coming back from the communal showers, he stopped and gave me a leering look and before I knew it he was groping me feverishly, I was powerless to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever the romantic, Mitzi. There's the makings of a Mills & Boon "bodice-ripper", right there! Jx

      Delete
  4. Love this list. Going home with someone as intoxicated as you? Oh, yeah... you will live to regret that, my dear. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially smelling of kebab and piss. Jx

      Delete
  5. I can't get past the kebab...off to gargle with bleach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spot as always.
    Gobs of flabby meat grilled on a stick or Kebabs as they are called truly disgust me but like the others on the list except ' starting a fight' I have been guilty of at some point in degenerate youth.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]