Sunday 17 September 2023

No more, no more, no more, no more

I'm mightily peeved! One of my favourite YouTube sites of them all, the marvellous Soft Tempo Lounge has (for some mysterious and unexplained reason, as per usual) fallen foul of the inscrutable gnomes at Google and has been closed down for good.

As you wil be aware, dear reader, STL's cleverly-spliced snippets of impossibly glamorous people cavorting in exotic climes, set to some obscure lounge music, have been a mainstay of this very blog. In one fell swoop, ten years' worth of regular blog posts have now been ruined. [I managed to salvage a couple by uploading videos I had downloaded, and a few others are still OK because they feature videos from a previous "incarnation" of the STL channel, but still...]

Sigh.

Never mind, eh? How about some "Sunday Music" - courtesy of a German combo, with a classic Ray Charles R&B number, sung in Portuguese?!

That'll do nicely...

Fabulosa!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, no! No more Soft Tempo Lounge? I didn't even know about it before you introduced me. I guess a German combo doing Ray Charles in Portuguese makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chap behind STL promises some new stuff on a different channel, but it's rather devastating to see his excellent back-catalogue gone for good! I only wish I had downloaded more of them... Jx

      Delete
  2. And there's Peter Lawford doing the Varsity Drag again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that wouldn't go unnoticed 😜. Jx

      Delete
  3. That's a big bummer. I wish you had downloaded all of them, I'm in the mood for some STL.
    I saw something weird that Insta banned the other day - they'd blocked a photo of a funny quote claiming that the quote had been fact checked, and that Einstein had never said it - but nobody, i.e, the original poster, had claimed that he had.
    AI is a bit crap really.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the curse of the modern age, my dear! Jx

      Delete
  4. The world has gone mad and Gnomes at Google are Evil megalomaniacs .
    What they ban and what they allow makes no seance at all.
    Fab video but I shall miss getting my regular fix of 'Soft Tempo Lounge'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a supporter on Patreon, and I know he's in the process of "rebuilding" as we speak... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]