Sunday 3 September 2023

That is good to me as well as that

It would appear that Ms Scarlet may be right - it certainly feels like that elusive "Indian Summer" is upon us. Yay!

Time, methinks, for a little round-up of the "newer" music that has caught my ear of late...

Let's open with the very welcome return of one of my favourite 80s synthpop bands, shall we? It's sublime:

Here's darling Jake and his latest (and very catchy) choon:

If "Dafydd" from Little Britain got a load of naff tattoos and started hanging around with a woman who wouldn't look out of place in one of the windows in the Red Light District of Amsterdam...

This is hilarious! Described by none other than Whigfield as "Like Borat, but with music", this piss-take of all things "90s Eurodance" is a work of genius:

Cute gay pop-muppet Troye Sivan is back with an earworm...

Now, here's a formidable team-up of talent! Two "house fave" ladies for the price of one...

With a complete change of tempo altogether, here's (a very short clip, unfortunately, of) something I heard recently on Radio 3 from the late, great Medievalist Belinda Sykes and her band :

But, finally, there is only one song for which the anticipation has been building - Our Princess Kylie's new one! It's brilliant:

As ever, dear reader, let me know your thoughts!

12 comments:

  1. I am always right! Good heavens. Plus, this weeks lottery numbers will be 3 13 55 17 18 36 just in case you wanted to know.
    OMD!!! Fabulous as always. I will listen to the others now.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame I always do a Lucky Dip on both Lotto and Euromillions...

      OMD was one of my favourite bands of that great "Futurist/New Romantic" era of the early 1980s. Good to see them back as a duo again! Jx

      Delete
  2. Dafydd also seems to have acquired David Walliams’s eyes! How weird is that?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole set-up's very weird. Catchy song, though! Jx

      Delete
  3. What a FABULOUS selection!
    Well, mostly, anyway. OMD, Jakey, and Kylie definitely so. I thought Dafydd's/David Walliams' (I agree with Ms Scarlet) and Troye's offerings were good but a bit forgettable - perhaps it would help if I watched the videos properly? (I was attempting some multitasking, so only caught snippets)
    I don't really know what to make of Joglaresa, but that 90s Eurodance number is brilliant!
    The winner for me though is Jessie Ware's & Roisin Murphy's number! Fabulous! (But Kylie's got the best video - I like Control Panel Kylie the best!)

    Thanks, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A selection that meets the exacting standards of Mr DeVice! Jx

      Delete
  4. I like the first one, both the music and the video. The second one, maybe if I close my eyes I'll like the music well enough but the video, I hate those outfits! His torn wife-beater tank top and that woman is wearing a duvet pillow cover from the 80's cinched with a belt. Ugh! Bentley Rubles and Kyle Gordon are forgettable. Troy Sivan has something for everyone, I was too distracted watching to hear the music. Being a shy pansexual my brain would explode to find myself in an environment with so many beautiful people.

    I like "Freak Me Now" is has a DeLite vibe to it. I love, love, love the Medieval music! I'm very fond of medieval music.

    Anyone who doesn't like Kylie Minogue should be tarred and feathered. She's got to be literally one of the nicest people in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you've nailed it! I didn't pick up on the Deeee-Lite vibe on the Jessie/Roisin combo, but now you mention it... And, yes - I would be first in the queue to tar-and-feather anyone who disses Kylie! Jx

      Delete
  5. OMD! After all this time, a welcome return. And the lyrics of that Planet of the Bass mess seem like what you'd get from a not-very-talented AI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very clever satire on a whole genre of "English-not-as-first-language" pop that was around in the 90s, and I love it! Jx

      Delete
  6. Gosh what a Fabo selection. I loved all of them.
    A new Kylie, Jake Shears in hot-pants ( I wish), 'Freak me now', 'Planet of the base' and a pop muppet, all ab fab.
    All of that and Dafydd doing his 'Only gay in the video thing.
    absolutely joyous.
    All are now downloaded and securely archived in the vast 'Delargo Towers music library.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]