Thursday 22 December 2022

C'est sa vie


Bah, Humbug.

Woke up this morning thinking it was still the middle of the night, it's so dark. As is the wont here in the UK, all that drama of freezing cold and mass transport disruption has handed-over to the usual grey mizzle. Very festive.

To lighten the mood somewhat, how about a genuine "earworm"?

You know you're getting old when you find out that baby-pop pixie-girl Vanessa Paradis [latterly the woman Johnny Depp left to hook up with that gold-digger Amber Heard] is fifty years old today... and this, her biggest hit never fails to get stuck in my brain whever I hear it:

You're welcome.

12 comments:

  1. Well, we are to get a huge winter blast today with snow flurries, rain and sleet and high gales... and it still looks dark here too, mind you it's 730. By tonight and overnight it goes up to the high 50's, only to drop like hell by morning, with artic temps right through till Christmas. Talk about warm us up... to only kick us in the balls later.

    Thank heavens I'm done with work today till Tuesday for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep warm, sweetie. Wrap yourself up in a few layers of houseboys. Jx

      Delete
  2. Blimey - that damn tune is stuck in my head and I haven't even pressed 'play' yet!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been HIP-NO-TIZED! Oh, my... for a 10 year old girl she sure has some moves. We just had a lovely blizzard. I shoveled snow five time in 24 hours. Planning on spending the days winding up to the holidays eating, drinking and sleeping. It's not like there's anything else that needs to be done, right? Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was 14/15, not 10...

      In my opinion, there's nothing much that is "lovely" about a blizzard! Eating, drinking and sleeping is basically my entire plan for the Festering Season, staring on Friday night and continuing right the way through until the "joys" of work recommence on 3rd January.

      Bring. It. On! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]