Sunday 11 December 2022

Day's dawning, skin's crawling

This Arctic freeze hitting the UK is getting beyond a joke now, and we are resigning ourselves to the fact we are likely to lose quite a few plants from our collection here in the extensive gardens at Dolores Delargo Towers, despite our best efforts of cramming then against the walls of the house.

Hey ho. There's nothing we can do about that except keep our fingers crossed...

Let's celebrate the fact it was the lovely Brian Molko of Placebo's 50th birthday yesterday, shall we, with something suitably dark:

A friend in need's a friend indeed
A friend with weed is better
A friend with breasts and all the rest
A friend who's dressed in leather
A friend in need's a friend indeed
A friend who'll tease is better
Our thoughts compressed, which makes us blessed
And makes for stormy weather

A friend in need's a friend indeed
My Japanese is better
And when she's pressed, she will undress
And then she's boxing clever
A friend in need's a friend indeed
A friend who bleeds is better
My friend confessed she passed the test
And we will never sever

Day's dawning, skin's crawling
Day's dawning, skin's crawling
Day's dawning, skin's crawling
Day's dawning, skin's crawling
Pure morning
Pure morning
Pure morning
Pure morning

A friend in need's a friend indeed
A friend who'll tease is better
Our thoughts compressed, which makes us blessed
And makes for stormy weather
A friend in need's a friend indeed
A friend who bleeds is better
My friend confessed she passed the test
And we will never sever,

Day's dawning, skin's crawling
Day's dawning, skin's crawling
Day's dawning, skin's crawling
Day's dawning, skin's crawling
Pure morning
Pure morning
Pure morning

Sigh.

12 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Meanwhile, I was turned into a snowman yesterday whilst walking the dog. Was not nice.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night was the worst yet - freezing fog. Plants that had come through the previous three nights at -5C, and had more protection against the wall, are now frosted. And there's snow forecast tonight!

      What with that and the godawful Xmas music all over the radio (just had to mute it at Paul McCartney's Wonderful Chritsmastime), I think I'll hibernate till April. Jx

      Delete
    2. I’d have been tempted to throw a tarpaulin over the back yard - the same method might also work for Paul McCartney.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. If only I could throw a blanket over it - and a pillow over Paul McCartney's gob. Jx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's ideal for today - it hasn't risen above freezing, and more to come. I wish I were in Spain! Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, I'm so sorry about your plants, here's hoping they survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see what happens in a few months. Plants are resilient, and some have surprised us in previous years. Jx

      Delete
  4. Well, I'm sure we've all had our moments standing on the ledge, yes, dear? And what with the holidays right 'round the corner? I couldn't think of a better time to make like The Pointer Sisters and JUMP. For my love. You could also do Van Halen or Madge... but, keep it tasteful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Festering Season? Bah Humbug! I do my very best to treat it with the disdain it deserves. Roll on New Year's Eve... Jx

      Delete
  5. Oh, look who I'm talking to...! Tasteful? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very dare you? Gay, dear? Who dear? Me, dear? No dear! Just because I live at home and haven’t met the right girl yet, doesn’t mean I’m gay. Just because a man wears a little foundation, takes time on his appearance, you automatically accuse him of hiding the sausage?! Well, I find you impertinent. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]