Friday 30 December 2022

Disappointment haunted all of my dreams

As we count down to waving goodbye (at last) to another bizarrely depressing year - despite the waning of the dreaded 'Rona, we had instead that bastard Putin's invasion of Ukraine, three Prime Ministers, a global financial crisis and the death of our Monarch to deal with - it's time for the last of our traditional end-of-the-week-jollies!

We do, of course, have a proper party to look forward to tomorrow for New Year's Eve - but on a day when it's not only the birthdays of Rudyard Kipling, Tracey Ullman, Patti Smith, Tiger Woods, Russ Tamblyn, Sister Bliss, Bo Diddley, Jeff Lynne, Sir Carol Reed, Del Shannon, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Gordon Banks, Skeeter Davis, Jay Kay of Jamiroquai, Ellie Goulding, and - erm - "Hollywood Madam" Heidi Fleiss, but also those of not one, but two dearly departed Monkees (Davy Jones and Mike Nesmith), it would be churlish not to feature a number by said band...

I defy anyone not to tap their feet to that - and Thank Disco Made-for-television-boy-bands It's Friday!

Have a great and grand New Year's weekend, dear reader!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I will take 2022 over 2021 anytime. not to bad a year , but still quite another long list of passed talents. Let us hope there is no surprise death like Betty' Whites last NYE. I worry for Ms. Sophia Loren and others.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2022 had its moments, of course, and anything was better than 2021!

      I'm opening the "Book of the Dead" tomorrow, and I, too, am hoping there are no sudden last-minute surprises. I'm fully expecting that vile Ratzinger Pope to croak his last bile, but no-one gives a fuck about him... Jx

      Delete
  2. Yep I am foot tapping!
    2022 was ultra-shit, wasn't it, and makes 2021 look good. I am nervous about 2023, I think I will take each day as it comes and be grateful if I'm still breathing!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been saying it for a few years: "Next year can only be better." Maybe I should stop tempting fate... Jx

      Delete
  3. Ug. Yes, what a depressing year it's been. I barely look at the news anymore, but I'm determined to ignore it completely in 2023 in the hope of feeling blissful in my ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things are unavoidable, my dear, like death and taxes... Jx

      Delete
  4. I feel ever so much groovier. Much like that lady in the top gif, shaking herself right out of her girdle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shake it, shake it, baby! Happy New Year, Mr Peenee! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]