Friday 2 December 2022

I'm in love dancing


I could sit and watch this for hours... All over my face? Yes please.

Phew. Another very welcome weekend is on the horizon. Temperatures are getting more recognisable as what we should expect at this time of year, and the warm coat's being dusted-off from the cupboard under the stairs. Of course, no chilly air can prevent us getting into a party mood..!

So let's start with a genuine underground club number that regularly crops up on any list of "Best Disco Records of All Time":

The track, which was released way back in 1980, was never a commercial hit, but is widely acknowledged as being influential on the DJs behind the creation of what became known as House music later that same decade.

Its influence loomed large way into this century, too, when in 2012 Glasgow DJ JD Twitch released his own "tribute" version. This video reminds me - the season of the dreaded Xmas Office Parties is upon us!

Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a faboo weekend, dear reader!

16 comments:

  1. Did you say something dear, I appear to be in a trance.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised I made it down to the comment box - I got a little stuck up top.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly would fit the bill for a top, but how do you know he's "stuck-up"? Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh - have a great weekend, etc....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there more to this post? My screen seems to be stuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a common affliction, Mitch! Nobody's even listened to the music yet. Jx

      Delete
    2. There’s music? I just tried again, but the screen is still stuck. Oh well. I suppose I’ll just have to take what I get.

      Delete
  5. Don't worry, Jon - I'm here for the music!

    Although, I have to admit, the only reason I was able to scroll down so quickly is that those red shorts immediately made me think of Baywatch and David Hasslehoff. David Charvet, on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watched that load of old toot, so I had to look um M Charvet. Rather a nosh, methinks! None of the boys in Baywatch (from any clips I have seen) swung quite like that! Jx

      Delete
  6. Is it all over my face? Is the question I should have asked my maid of all work Carmen 20 odd years ago, before leaving Central Station pub. Yes, it was, oh the shame. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been there, done that. Though I would have looked in a mirror and grabbed a tissue before getting on the night bus. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]