Monday 9 October 2023

¡Ay, caramba!

Yep. We were just getting used to the unexpected hazy warmth of another "Spanish Plume" (not quite another "Indian Summer" as there was too much low cloud, but close enough - it did hit 25C/77F, which isn't bad for London in October!), when bam! It's back to work time again. Sigh.

To bring us some cheer [fuck knows we could do with some, given the grimness of the world right now] on this Tacky Music Monday, how about the utterly bizarre spectacle of a Dutch huisvrouw-turned-singer, for some imperceptible reason singing a song all about Mexico, complete with cheesy dancers? [Love the old grannies in the audience!]

That'll do nicely (of course)...

Have a good week, dear reader.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you have to go back to work. Now that was odd. Loved the hula dancers. ¡Olé!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or indeed "Hoi!", as they say in Dutch... Jx

      Delete
  2. The ether is positively fizzing tonight! No ads for hernia supports (I thought the Truss slithered off into a bog somewhere?). No recipes for something I wouldn't feed to a pig. But among my goodies was something I thought you'd like, so I emailed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what you're on about, Dinah, but I did get your email. Haven't had a chance to look at it. Jx

      Delete
  3. Nothing Tacky about that and I remember it being a firm favourite at every Cafe 't Mandje sing-a-long.
    Great fun and ok, a bit tacky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless one is sat in Cafe ' Mandje or Cafe Montmartre after a skinful, joining the sing-song, it's tacky. Jx

      Delete
  4. You're the only other person I know who despises Mondays as much as myself. So I can appreciate your un-enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WTF is there to like about Mondays?! Apart from Tacky Music, of course... Jx

      Delete
  5. Not all the grannies were in the audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord alone knows how old she was when she was performing here - she'd been having hits since the late '50s, Reading up on her, she was quite a remarkable character - and even composed and sang a number that heavily criticised the anti-gay campaigner Anita Bryant, and gained herself the epithet "Mother of the Gays" in the process! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]