Friday 13 October 2023

Baby, the place is rockin'

Attention all paraskevidekatriaphobics - it's Friday 13th!

Not that that matters one iota, as any weekend is very welcome, superstitions or no superstitions...

We need to party!

Although the news that Rudolph Isley has shimmied off to Fabulon (leaving only one Isley remaining) is sad, the brothers' musical legacy is joyful.

It is time, dear reader, for us to squeeze ourselves into some very stretchy clothing indeed, glue our wiglets on tight, and get practising those party moves. For we have competition in the dance stakes!

The lovely line dancers on Soul Train have been busting a gut rehearsing for their one moment in the spotlight, and it would be curmudgeonly not to join in...


Thank Disco It's Friday the Thirteenth!

Have a good one!

Avoid black cats. And ladders. Don't break any mirrors.

11 comments:

  1. When our son was little and he awoke during the night, his daddy would turn on Soul Train and rock him in the rocking chair. It put him back to sleep every time.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to move like the Soul Train Dancers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never had it in the UK. We had Top of the Pops! The first time I saw anything from Soul Train was via YouTube... Jx

      Delete
    2. If I was around at the right time, I watched it.

      Delete
  3. When I was in high school, the Isley Brothers was one of the favorite groups of my group of friends. In some ways I feel like an old chum has passed on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt much the same with the passing of the likes of Pete Burns, George Michael, Steve Strange and others of "my generation"... Jx

      Delete
  4. Don't actually remember this track but it's fab.
    I think we did have 'Soul Train' at some point probably old ones. I remember being stuck by how much better the dancers were compared to 'Top of the Pops'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have seen clips of the US show featured somewhere, but the actual show wasn't broadcast here. However, apparently in 1985 a "UK version, hosted by former Soul Train dancer and member of Shalamar Jeffrey Daniel, was titled 620 Soul Train and ran for one series on Channel 4". Jx

      Delete
  5. Well there's some nice hip action for a Sunday!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I heard someone say that to me 😜 Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]