Tuesday 24 October 2023

Euterpean mood

Tuesday ennui?

Time for a little selection of "newer" music that has caught my ear of late, methinks...

First up, the return of a Welsh electrodance fave - with a sublimely camp video that's most appropriate for this spooky time of year:

Forty-two years down the line since the girls released their first single, Keren and Sara are back again - with a corker!

OMG! It's OMD!

Speaking of "welcome returns", it's been a long while since we've heard anything from the Aussie combo with the best dressing-up box in the world...

Even the Guardian could hardly believe that a world-class diva of the calibre of Miss Chaka Khan would ever agree to pair up with a vaguely-successful indie rock band from Crouch End (just down the road from Dolores Delargo Towers) - but the result is rather good:!

And finally...

...the team-up we never realised we so desperately wanted! One of our all-time favourite divinely decadent bands, together with Ukraine's home-grown gay icon [see more here]? Oh, YES!!

[Thanks, John-John! Let's hope the official video is released soon...]

As ever, dear reader, let me know your thoughts...

12 comments:

  1. Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chaka Khan, let me rock you
      Let me rock you, Chaka Khan
      Let me rock you, 'cause I feel for you


      Indeed. Jx

      Delete
  2. Empire of the Sun sound so much like Empire of the Sun!!! I will come back for more later.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The OMD one is beautiful. I love it.
      Sx

      Delete
    2. Liking Bananarama as well.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. Empire of the Sun do have a very distinct sound...

      What's not to like about the 'Nanas? They always cheer me up! Jx

      Delete
  3. There's not one that I don't like - fab selection, Jon! I agree with Ms Scarlet that the OMD one is beautiful, as is Banarama's. But my favourite is Bright Light Bright Light's "Down to One" which I'm going to feature in the forthcoming Terrifying Triffidery post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Another satisfied customer - I must be doing something right... Jx

      Delete
  4. Most definitely! I'm listening to them all again now (have just read Madam A's latest cookery post with OMD as accompaniment).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't mind me - just having another listen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! You reminded me - I have updated the post with a video I found of a telly appearance by Army of Lovers and Miss Polyakova... Enjoy! Jx

      [I had been saving it, because as we know, Blogger's a strange beast; if one edits a blog post less than a week old, it shoots to the top of everyone's Reading List and knocks newer ones down the page. That annoys me.]

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]