Wednesday 25 October 2023

Who's the black private dick that's a sex machine to all the chicks?

Long before I knew I was gay - in fact long before the onset of puberty - a certain man in a certain film gave me "the tingles".

That man was Richard Roundtree, and that film was Shaft [oh, that shower scene!].

And so it was with great sadness that I heard the news of Mr Roundtree's death today. Another piece of my formative youth has gone...

...but at least we still have one of the very best of all movie theme tunes to remember him by!

RIP, Richard Arnold Roundtree (9th July 1942 - 24th October 2023)

6 comments:

  1. Hotter than hot.
    Shut yo' mouth! But I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have opened mine for that Shaft... Jx

      Delete
  2. Dear lord, how I loved that man. The tingles just would not stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was soooo sexy - and so effortlessly cool! Jx

      Delete
  3. I will come back and play it later because I love this theme.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a remarkable piece of music - and stands the test of time! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]