Saturday 26 March 2022

I will follow you to the end of time

Another day, another bizarre roll-call of unlikely "names" all born on the same date - including "The Boss" Diana Ross, Tennessee Williams, Leonard Nimoy, Keira Knightley, James Caan, Sterling Hayden, Fiona Bruce, A. E. Housman, Martin Short, Rufus Thomas, Monty Berman, Steven Tyler, Richard Dawkins, Jennifer Grey, Alan Arkin, Erica Jong, Teddy Pendergrass, Paul Morley, DJ Erick Morillo, William Hague...

...and (The Rev.) Richard Coles, the quiet-yet-crucial half of The Communards, 60 years old today!

I need no excuse to play one of the duo's most faboo hits, by way of celebration:

I will follow you to the end of time
I will be the blood flowing through your veins
I will ride with you till the end of the line
You will be my everything; my world
You are; you are; you are; you are,
Oh boy; you are my world!

Amen.

6 comments:

  1. Mr. Coles! Heaven. It was like they were sending messages from GAY heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how fucked some of the other parts of the era were, I'm so glad I got to live through a time that included the Communards and Bronski Beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! The Bronskis in particular were the soundtrack to a whole era of discovery for this particular queen, coming out... Jx

      Delete
  3. A mixed bag of Birthday Bunnies indeed
    and a fab tune to celibate it
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Celibate"? I don't think so - quite the opposite, in fact 😊

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]