Friday 25 March 2022

I've got a deeper love inside


Yay! Our very own "Mistress of Filth and Smut" over at Infomaniac blog is celebrating sixteen years of blogging - and a little bird tells me it'a also her birthday next week!

Another much-needed weekend is looming, dear reader, and despite this having been only a short week, I am desperately looking forward to it!

We have The Mother arriving in London tomorrow for the day [it's Mothers' Day/Mothering Sunday here in the UK this weekend}, and we're taking her to the splendid Wilton's Music Hall for a matinee of an all-male production of Gilbert & Sullivan's HMS Pinafore. Then on Sunday the clocks go forward, which means despite losing an hour in bed Spring is truly in full swing!

To get us in the mood for a party, we have a special birthday to celebrate... Sharing the day with a whole raft of unusually associated names - such as Dorothy Squires, Dame Elton John [75 years old!], Simone Signoret, Paul Michael Glaser, Cathy Dennis, Béla Bartók, Steve Norman of Spandau Ballet, Sir Humphrey Burton, Richard O'Brien [80 years old], Patrick Troughton, Melanie Blatt of All Saints, Gloria Steinem, Sir David Lean, Arturo Toscanini, AJP Taylor, Sarah Jessica Parker, and - erm - [another 80-year-old] Kim Woodburn - the fantabulosa, sadly missed, Aretha Franklin would have been 80 years old today!

Let's hand over proceedings to the Queen of Soul - and Thank Disco It's Friday!

Sing it, girl!

Have a great weekend, folks!

12 comments:

  1. I at first thought those were pendulous balls. How disappointing. HMS Pinafore with an all-mail cast, I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're really looking forward to it - sounds a hoot! Jx

      Delete
  2. I see MJ has gone from hypnotizing men, to taming the wild beast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend!
    Huge excitement here about the lighter evenings arriving, which means that I’ll soon be moth-balling my thermal vest - cross fingers - happy toes!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While the weather's as good as it is, be daring, Ms Scarlet - cast it all off! Jx

      Delete
  4. Oh, Christ! I forgot it was Mothering Sunday! I'd better see what the garden centre has to offer tomorrow...
    And another birthday, too! (I wonder if I can be bothered to get things in order for a trip Over the Cusp?)

    I hope you have a fab time with all those seamen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot?! Jeez! That could have been a disaster - I can't imagine what arcane curses the Mother of a Witch could bring to bear... Jx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for reminding me about the old bag's birthday/anniversary.

    and I agree that an all male Pinafore would not be something to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certain I'll be posting some form of review of the event! I reckon it will be an entertaining take on the operetta... Jx

      Delete
  6. What Madonna video is that Gif from, dear?

    Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]