Saturday 12 March 2022

Welcome to our soiree


Our gorgeous Crocus brighten up even the dullest day!

The Madam and I have spent the entire day pottering in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers. I split one of the big pots of Phlox paniculata into three (and there is still another pot left to do; we're going to have to start giving some away at this rate!) and cleared loads of dead leaves and crud from around the salvias and geraniums, while he fed and watered and cleared dead stems off all the ferns [we have eleven in our collection, so it takes some time!].

It's all starting to take shape...

The weather has been a bit blustery, with a mix of sunshine and cloud, but warm for the time of year - which made it all the more pleasant. Even if my back is in half...

Here's an appropriate choon for today - from one Nancy to another:

Welcome to our soiree
Flaming hot pink bouquets
New rainbow Milky Way
Come out and play

Another gay
Another gay
Another gay sunshine day!

Indeed.

6 comments:

  1. Drat! I forgot to buy a corn-rowed go-go dancer when I popped to the shop earlier! (I remembered the milk, though)

    Ah, well, your crocus - it really is gorgeous! - has brightened my day instead. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes - that corn-rowed go-go dancer would ease my aching muscles quite nicely at the moment...

      Crocus are truly wondrous flowers. We wouldn't be without them! Jx

      Delete
  2. It was lovely to have a full on pottering day in the garden.

    Normally I would rush to turn off the dreadful Nancy Sinatra but I quite enjoyed that and the video was rather fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because it doesn't actually sound like her. Jx

      Delete
  3. These kinky boots were made for walkin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are for splitting up perennials with a fork at the moment. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]