Wednesday 30 March 2022

Totty of the Day...

...a little late, perhaps. However, my eternal pash for the lovely Michael York continues unabated, as the man himself celebrated his 80th birthday on Sunday. Gulp.



Fifteen years ago, I had this to say about the man, in the context of a celebration of the film Cabaret [which is itself 60 years old this year]:

Definitely my favourite film ever, it made a legendary star of our own Liza Minelli, for which we are eternally grateful... The brilliant Joel Grey as "Emcee" is forever etched on our musical psyche too.

But as a young gay lad growing up in closeted Welsh society, for me it was the glowing screen presence of the superbly sexy Michael York that made the film as a whole that bit more special. I was truly, madly, deeply in love with him, and to this day even as a veteran of more than 130 screen appearances he still makes me quite weak at the knees...

I stand by that statement.

Many happy returns, Michael York OBE (born Michael Hugh Johnson, 27th March 1942)

8 comments:

  1. I would have gotten into bed with Michael York quicker then a New York minute honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a ticket and wait your turn, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a strange coincidence... I just wrote something snarky about Michael York yesterday... oh, no, it's for a post that out two weeks after tomorrow, but how odd that I should bring him up and here it is... his BD. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snarky? About my beloved Michael? How very dare you?! Jx

      Delete
    2. Here's what I wrote about Mr. York:

      "I always thought Michael York would make a great ventriloquist dummy."

      Hee hee.

      Delete
    3. As long as it was my hand up his back... Jx

      Delete
  3. What a perfect post to come back to after a couple of days away, sweetpea! Absolutely delish! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]