Monday 7 November 2022

Cantare, oh, oh, oh


Yes. Sigh. It's Monday again.

The horrid wet weather over the weekend that prevented me from doing much in the garden ironically broke yesterday just about the same time as the sun was going down, and we had clear skies all night. Bastard luck.

Now we're back to the usual routine - alarm goes off far too early, and reality sets in...

Never mind, eh? On this Tacky Music Monday, let's cheer ourselves up with the - ahem - sublime talents of a lady who quite possibly may have been the long-time mistress of the Spanish king, and a rather frenetic routine for this hour of the morning:

Have a good week, dear reader.

10 comments:

  1. I am not enjoying this plunge into Winter! Too much rain, and too much mud, all at once - and now a big gusty wind.Ugh.
    Well, that Volare was a bit short! Did she damage something with all that hip action?!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she might have kicked the orchestra conductor... Jx

      PS It may be grey and miserable, but it is still warm for the time of year!

      Delete
  2. Thank the goddess the video was brief! I love how the choreography so perfectly fit the song (say what?) and she seemed to be sneering the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have a bit of a rictus grin on her face. I bet those safety gays hated her. Jx

      Delete
  3. Mitchell...that was even briefer, Chez Dinahmow. Sweet bleeding Jesus! Tacky, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love Tacky Music Mondays really, Dinah. You can't fool me 😁

      Jx

      Delete
  4. What a terrible day. People are so artless and devoid of charm. I simply want to shut myself away and be done with them. You, though... you're a charmer. Kizzes. You can come hide with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a dark secluded place
      A place where no one knows your face
      A glass of wine, a fast embrace
      It's called Hernando's Hideaway, olé!

      All you'll see are silhouettes
      And all you'll hear are castanets
      And no one cares how late it gets
      Not at Hernando's Hideaway, olé!


      Jx

      Delete
  5. Any excuse for a another camp version of 'Volare' I say but let's face, she ain't no Raffaella Carrà

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]