Friday 25 November 2022

Got to have a belief in

Woo-hoo! The weekend is almost here, it's pay day, Nectar is offering 30x points on eBay purchases for one hour this lunchtime (I have the timer set), and John-John and I are off to the cinema this evening to see Wakanda Forever.

I think we should start the party early, dear reader, with a song that was in our charts this week 45 years ago [gulp!]...

As I said when I featured it back in 2011:

Time enough to drag out the most inappropriate "showgirl" costumes, sequins and spangles to bop along to Boney M, with possibly the most bizarre song about a city that was at the time anything but sparkling, Belfast.
Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a great weekend, peeps!

6 comments:

  1. That was such a strange way to represent such a political song. And, omg, Boney M. Haven’t thought of them in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jollier than Bob Dylan or Joni Mitchell, though. Jx

      PS we LOVE Boney M!

      Delete
  2. I'm quite grateful that I have no real memory of this tune!
    Have a great weekend and enjoy the film!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1977 was a bit of a blur, then, Ms Scarlet? Jx

      Delete
  3. I had quite forgotten this track and shall do my best to do so again.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]