Tuesday 22 November 2022

By ocean's margin this innocent virgin


She was always fingering her organ. A sort of Medieval Cherry Wainer, really...

Like a black swan as death came on
Poured forth her song in perfect calm:
And by ocean's margin this innocent virgin
Constructed an organ to enlarge her prayer,
And notes tremendous from her great engine
Thundered out on the Roman air.

- "Saint Cecilia", W.H. Auden

Today is Saint Cecilia's Day - the Patron Saint of Music.

What better way to celebrate than with a song that was written (by Paul Simon) in her honour..?

...oh, and some moist twinks to sing it for her!

Buffet!

16 comments:

  1. I think I'll stick with S and G. More my age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cough, cough. You are not 81, dear, surely? Jx

      Delete
    2. ERM...NO, NOT QUITE, BUT IF YOU YOUNG LADS DON'T BURN OUT YOU'LL BE AROUND TO CELEBRATE WHEN I AM. i CAN'T FIX THE CPA LOCK COCK-UP. sORRY, NOT SORRY!

      Delete
    3. Don't shout, dear. You'll scare the boys. Jx

      Delete
  2. This song (the S&G version) was why I changed my name so many years ago! I do like this version tho...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, are you Cecilia-Savannah, or Savannah-Cecilia? 😂🤣 Jx

      Delete
  3. I like the Vamps version - but when I look at boys as young as that I am reminded that they have smelly socks, etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that as smelly cocks.

      I prefer Suggs's version of them all.

      Cissy didn't play the organ with a poodle at her side like Cherry Wainer did.

      Delete
    2. You would read it that way!

      All poor Cissy had were those damned angels shedding their feathers everywhere. Jx

      Delete
  4. When I read the title, I thought maybe this was autobiographical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! I'd need to go back a long, long, way for that to be true. Jx

      Delete
  5. What better way to celebrate Saint Cecilia's Day than with a bevy of singing moist twinks

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]