Wednesday 30 November 2022

The Songbird has flown

And so, another legend has departed for Fabulon...

...the uber-talented Miss Christine McVie!

Not merely the keyboardist, but the arranger, and, for many years - through thick and thin - the "glue" that held that messiest-of-messy bands Fleetwood Mac together (despite walking out on them on more than one occasion "for a quieter life") - and the songwriter (and often vocalist) of some of their most enduring numbers. These are merely three of hers:

RIP, Christine McVie (born Christine Anne Perfect, 12th July 1943 – 30th November 2022)

10 comments:

  1. And a major talent and artist this time. I was very saddened when I heard the news today. So many great staple songs. I may have to have some Fleetwood on the turntable this weekend me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Songbird going through my head as an earworm as we speak... Jx

      Delete
    2. A beautiful earworm, in my opinion.

      Delete
    3. It's a beautifully-crafted song. Jx

      Delete
  2. I was never a proper fan, but the sound of Fleetwood Mac was always around.
    RIP Christine.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a fan either but, like Abba, everyone in the world knows Fleetwood Mac songs. Jx

      Delete
  3. I was gobsmacked. Adored the lady. How? Did. This. Come. To. Pass? And why couldn't it have been Lindsey? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Stevie Nicks said, nobody even knew she was ill... Jx

      Delete
  4. another great loss she was an amazing woman and very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always came across as a genuinely decent person. 'Tis sad. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]