Wednesday 30 November 2022

Oh, Mandy!

Sharing the day with another random assemblage of ill-assorted "names", including Winston Churchill, Billy Idol, Woody Allen, Mark Twain, Virginia Mayo, Jonathan Swift, David Mamet, Lorraine Kelly, Frank Ifield, Robert Guillaume, Gary Lineker, Ridley Scott, Ben Stiller, Des'ree, Stacey Q and Efrem Zimbalist Jr., one of our favourite "Sondheimites" Mr Mandy Patinkin blows out seventy candles on his cake today!

Probably more well-known for his acting these days, he made his Broadway debut as Che Guevara in Evita way back in 1979, and followed that by portraying the original "George" in Sondheim's innovative musical about Seurat, before rocketing to the big time in Yentl opposite MegaBabs.

His is one of the most sublime voices in the business - so let's bring the great man to the stage, shall we?

A joy.


Footnote:

Happy St Andrew's Day, ye sassenachs!

12 comments:

  1. I saw the title and thought we were in for a scene from Mandy the TV series but I'm quite happy with your St. Andrew's Day content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the television series Mandy. It never really appealed - although from looking at the entry on IMDB, it's had a helluva supporting cast.

      Shame that kilt boy isn't twirling in a high wind. I'd like to see his ceilidh in full swing! Jx

      Delete
  2. The old joke: what's worn under the kilt? "Nothing, lassie, it's aye in perfect working order."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or else:
      "How do you tell which clan a Scotsman is? Put your hand up his kilt - if it's a quarter pounder he's a McDonald! "

      Boom-tish. Jx

      Delete
  3. I was always confused by Mandy's name when I was younger. It didn't take a lot to confuse me.
    Nice Scottish fella!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a mindfuck to try and work out why a sexy man had a girl's name (I was in school with more than one Mandy). It's short for Mandel, apparently. Jx

      Delete
  4. For some reason, I’m more in the mood for Saint Andy today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last one? Of you, dear? My, you're looking quite... healthy. As for Mandy boy... I saw Yentl and went mental. I wanted to live in his beard and have him spit and sweat on me. Hmm. (Still do.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Mr King - but that boy is a) ginger, and b) probably a third my age... Jx

      PS Yes, Mandy turned quite a few heads when he was young - beard or no beard.

      Delete
    2. "I saw Yentl and went mental." Hahaha! That slogan should be on t-shirts.

      Delete
    3. ...and worn to every MegaBabs concert forthwith! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]