Thursday 17 October 2024

Of mooning, emus, conkers and sad losses


RIP Liam Payne, former member of One Direction, whose premature death, aged just 31, has shocked the music world.

Another snippets post, dear reader:

  • Celestial bodies news: Tonight's full moon, called the "Hunter's Moon" [though quite why we in the UK have somehow adopted names given by Native Americans to various phases of the moon is beyond me], will be the brightest (and appear largest) of the year.
  • More glittering news: We're very sad to hear that one of our all-time house faves - and Patron Saint - Miss Mitzi Gaynor has departed these shores for Fabulon.


[More over at the Dolores Delargo Towers Museum of Camp. Of course.]

And the weather? Unseasonably warm - it was 18C/64.4F last night!

4 comments:

  1. Mitzi Gaynor certainly was a ball of fire and very much resembled a Barbie doll come to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm - she may have looked like " a perfect blonde", but heavens! She was so much more shrewd, so savvy, and so much more talented than that! Jx

      Delete
  2. I always wanted to be Gene Kelly. I read about that fire station. How awful and how embarrassing. The moonrise was spectacular tonight. I hope I got a good shot of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wanted to be Gene Kelly. I wanted to be Mitzi Gaynor! Horses for courses, I suppose.

      The moon was blindingly brilliant earlier! For a change the skies were clear enough for us to actually see a celestial event... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]