Sunday 27 October 2024

You can kiss a hundred boys in bars

After a long day's drinking, eating and gossip yesterday at our gang's fave Wetherspoon's pub The Penderel's Oak in Holborn, in honour of our friend John-John's forthcoming birthday, needless to say today has been a quieter affair.

I managed to get two black bags' worth of fallen leaves, sycamore seeds and crud swept up yesterday before I headed to the pub, so it was just a case of basking in the lovely sunshine on this first day of autumn...

Here's some suitable "Sunday Music" from our "house band":

We adore Postmodern Jukebox!

[For those of you (like me) who are unfamiliar with the "latest big thing" Chappell Roan - here's the original]

2 comments:

  1. "You can kiss a hundred boys in bars" - I can? Amazing! Thank you. I shall be off to the bars forthwith.

    P.S. I was also on sycamore leaf pick-up duty this morning. I can't wait for all the dratted leaves to have fallen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you have such a profusion of pick-up bars in your neighbourhood!

      Sycamore trees are vile things. Jx

      PS Garden Photos Event submission should be winging its way to you as we speak.

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]