Wednesday 23 October 2024

Endorse them? Add your comment

The business-focused social media network LinkedIn has just begun an exciting new role rigging presidential elections in the United States. Click here to add your congratulations!

LinkedIn’s previous role was as a social media network connecting employers and employees since 2002. Its key skills included email spamming and never allowing anyone to leave. Endorse them?

The networks’s new promotion came as a result of recruiting Labour party members to volunteer to influence US elections, contrary to guidance from the Federal Election Commission. Add your comment.

Joseph Turner, client director at WinHit Media, said: “I’ve worked with LinkedIn for years to paint an inaccurate picture of my skills and abilities for the duration of my professional life. I couldn’t be happier to see it mired in election meddling.

“When I wanted to bombard strangers with irrelevant contact requests, LinkedIn was there for me. It’s been proud to host my self-important posts about my B2B epiphanies. The corrupt US electoral landscape is lucky to have it.

“I can’t think of a better site to undermine the special relationship. No matter what it chooses to do, I’m sure its background in meaningless corporate bullshit will lend itself perfectly to toothless Western diplomacy.”

Keir Starmer, prime minister at UK PLC, said: “I recommend LinkedIn for recruitment and providing right-wing populists with excuses for electoral losses. My rivals use it.”

The Daily Mash

Of course.

[The "real" story]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]