Tuesday 15 October 2024

Keep on moving up that mountaintop

Happy 40th birthday today to one of my fave artists of recent times - Miss Jessie Ware!

She's one of those home-grown British artists who is critically lauded, brings crowds in to her live concerts, and is generally well-liked - but has never been a huge chart presence [not that what passes for "the charts" these days is actually meaningful in any particular way, as it counts shit like TikTok and Spotify "hits" as a gauge of success, rather than physical sales]. She's more "Paloma Faith" than "Little Mix", in effect.

I love her. Her vocals are good, her music is cheerful and catchy, and she looks like she knows how to have fun! And we like fun:

Brilliant, one and all!

Many happy returns, Jessica Lois "Jessie" Ware (born 15 October 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]