Wednesday 2 October 2024

Seconds wasted

A "Gen Z" woman attending a gig is hoping the artist does not demand she spend too much time looking up from her phone.

20-year-old Lucy Parry is concerned she will be obliged to focus on the music to the detriment of time which could be spent documenting her experience for a notional online audience, and also shopping.

She said: “Yeah I’m in the group chat, playing a podcast, looking for a new top and checking Twitter. Why not? Otherwise I’m just standing here.

“I certainly know the band’s on because I’ve filmed multiple TikToks of me screaming with them in the background. I’ve got evidence of that, unlike all these boring bastards not on their phones.

“This gig is absolutely brilliant and might be my favourite band, because the likes are positively flooding in. Definitely worth coming. I’ve added 4,200 followers and we’re not at the bit where they go off and come on again yet.

“It’s rude that they keep asking us to wave our motherfucking hands in the air like we just don’t care, though. I’m trying to make memes over here. Those are seconds wasted.”

The Daily Mash

Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]