Monday 6 April 2020

I am but a fool



Another week in lock-down begins - albeit without the "work" bit for me as I am on leave till after Easter - with the cheerful discovery of a new wannabee-"Diva".

Señorita María Isabel Llaudes Santiago (for it is she), under her stage name Karina, was the darling of the "ye-ye" years in Spain. Indeed, so popular was she that she was asked to represent her country at the 1971 Eurovision Song Contest with the song En un mundo nuevo, where she came second.

Her biggest hit, however, was with an American song. Eminently suitable for a Tacky Music Monday is this clip with its mind-blowingly bizarre juxtaposition of dancers on amphetamines with the lady herself seated in what looks remarkably like Jon Pertwee-era Doctor Who's car "Bessie"...

...I very much doubt Mr Neil Sedaka envisioned his teen classic to ever be interpreted like this!


Have a good week, dear reader, as best you can in these peculiar times.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. But not the song? I quite understand... Jx

      Delete
  2. I hope you are having a good week despite everything.
    SX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine, gardening, no need to check into work? We're having a lovely week - hope you are, too! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]