Wednesday 1 April 2020

Your quarantine theme song



A bizarre "meme-y" thing has apparently taken off out there in the interwebs, and as it's quite fun, I thought I'd share. Just enter your twelfth birthday into the Official Charts Company archive, and what ever is Number 1 in the charts on that date is allegedly your "quarantine theme song"! [The Yanks presumably should use the Billboard Chart search engine?]

Being greedy, I thought - why stop at one song when you could have two, and both in the company of the lovely and talented Pan's People?

At #2, last week's #1, an enduring novelty song classic:


...and the chart-topper:


August 1975 was indeed another world.

So, dear reader - WHAT'S YOURS?

11 comments:

  1. Spandau Ballet True - playing that as my quarantine song would destroy me! Of all the songs of '83!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mind you, depending on what week your birthday fell on, it could have been worse - #2 for the first two weeks was the execrable Words by FR David. However, if you were to swap True for either of the two songs it held off the top slot next, you would have the choice of Human League's Fascination or Temptation by Heaven 17. Either of those would be fab, in my opinion! Jx

      Delete
  2. "Respectable", by Mel & Kim - I'll take it! (Either this or "Live It Up" by Mental As Anything which was number 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Fascination is our sensation, We like to put ourselves on the line
      Recreation is our destination, so don't wait up for us tonight
      Tay, tay, tay, tay, t-t-t-tay-tay, tay, tay
      Take or leave us, only please believe us
      We are never gonna be respectable!"


      Indeed, I should hope not. Jx

      Delete
  3. Dear god, I had forgotten how bad the group Pan's People was! And I also never realized that the "Typically Island" singers were not actually typically island but were instead Welsh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Pan's People were comically bad. That's why they have such cult status - everyone knew they had hardly rehearsed and that their "choreographer" Flick Colby was completely mad, but in those bygone non-PC days, their skimpy costumes and wiggling merely served to keep "the Dads" happy while the kids enjoyed the music.

      And yes, "Typically Tropical" were a most peculiar combo indeed. They'd never been further than Bargoed, let alone Barbados! Jx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You're wagging your finger in time with the music. I can tell. Jx

      Delete
  6. Abba!!! Knowing Me, Knowing You. Very Alan Partridge.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]