Sunday 11 July 2021

I'm alive, the man with the second face

Because of football, the media here in the UK (including the BBC and all the newspapers) have been going mad for reminiscences of 1996 [the last time the England national team came close to winning the European Championships; they're playing against Italy tonight in this year's final], so I thought I'd do an appropriate post...

Scary as it seems, dear reader, each and every one of these classic choons is a quarter-of-a-century old!

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS!! Where have they gone?

8 comments:

  1. Every one a classic in their own way.
    I love every one but all of them being a quarter-of-a-century old is just too scary for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youth! MY YOUTH!!! How can this be?? How can so much time have passed so quickly?!?
    At the risk of sounding like Ms Scarlet, I'm going to sulk and pout, and listen to You're Gorgeous over and over and over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlike you, I didn't spend 1996 wandering around sniffing shelf-stackers...

      It is indeed remarkable how long ago all these fab choons were. Jx

      Delete
    2. "stackers"? It was only the one, dear. Although, I might have encountered him down the aisles more than once, though never, sadly, in that way...

      Delete
    3. Whatever became of this fragrant ginger shop-worker, I wonder? Probably more Red Buttons than Damien Lewis by now, I'd imagine... Jx

      Delete
  3. I saw a music programme about 1996 the other day. Sigh. I will join Mr Devine on the pouting step.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time flies when you're having fun, Ms Scarlet! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]