Sunday 4 July 2021

Então vem cá e me abraça

Time, once again, for a little selection of newer music that has caught my ear of late...

First up, as the Government and the NHS make a final push to get the majority of adults across the UK to get their COVID jab, they've brought in some of the "big guns" of the theatrical world - including Jim Broadbent, Sir Derek Jacobi, the lovely Russell Tovey and former Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts - to assist:


[Also available to download from the GOV.UK website.]

Here's a jolly little number I discovered courtesy of the faboo Ana Matronic's "Dance Devotion" show on BBC Radio 2:

This young chap has a fine set of pipes - and he's getting "high" in Soho:

I was so thrilled to "rediscover" the talents of Miss Gaby Amarantos back in May, I just had to feature some more of her this time around! Ah, sunshine...

Unsurprisingly, the next artist caught my eye as much as my ear - fancy a funk with him?

Now for something completely different... A musical interpretation of Saint Vitus Dance, anyone? That'll do nicely!

Finally, a house favourite here at Dolores Delargo Towers is paying due homage to the Weather Girls, it seems:

Faboo!

As ever, let me know your thoughts, dear reader.


STOP PRESS:

Courtesy of Madam Arcati...

THIS!

Wow.

10 comments:

  1. What a great selection toots!!!! I unfortunately for some reason can't not stand the Todrick Hall song. And I adore him too, but for some reason dislike that song one. But the last queen...that was everything!!!!!!

    We are later are having a outdoors indoors luxury barbecue and finger buffet! We may have already started on the Pimms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not Mr Hall's best effort, I do admit - but it brought a smile to my face, which is what matters. And yes, that Tel Aviv drag queen is magnificent!

      Enjoy the party, sweetie. Clink, clink! Jx

      Delete
  2. Well, I "Can't Stay Away" from Darin either! His was the song I listened to most (I listened to all the songs first while dealing with other matters, then if I liked it, I went back and watched the video), although Madam Arcati's choice ran Darin a close race.
    Todrick Hall - a triumph of design (I want those weird plastic-panelled pants), but it's style over substance, I'm afraid. Sorry Todrick, you don't make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found some stuff you enjoyed! That Darin track is rather good, isn't it? Jx

      Delete
  3. Calum Foad has a real eighties beat going on there. Darin reminds me of something that I can't put my finger on - but something from the eighties!! That's going to annoy me now, that I can't place it.
    I like the added extra!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darin's song reminds me a bit of Shalamar or The Whispers - there was still a lot of funky stuff going on in the 80s (contrary to the perceived wisdom that Disco was killed off by the Redneck "Disco Sucks" movement), so I'm not sure if either of those is what you're trying to recall? Jx

      Delete

  4. All have now been added to the 'Delargo Music Library'.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]