Friday 23 July 2021

Cool or fool?


These girls have got nothing on Bobby Farrell!

It's been a bit of a struggle to concentrate on work this week with the heat, but we're almost at the end, dear reader.

Tomorrow "our gang" will be heading into the heart of London, in support of the venerable gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell and his "Reclaim Pride" march, so hopefully that'll be a fun as well as worthwhile day out (rain permitting)! But first, we need to organise the party...

I was thinking of wearing one of these outfits tomorrow, but I figured my head might get too hot in a kokoshnik, and a crop-top-cum-man-bra would emphasise my belly - so I'll leave that sort of thing to Marcia, Liz, Maizie and Bobby, and just Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a great weekend, peeps!

6 comments:

  1. I like this track better than I did at the time. In 1987 I managed to get a pair of similar silver trousers - I sat on a radiator in our local nightclub [in the lobby area] and bits of the trousers melted.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes - the perils of synthetic Disco clothing. If it didn't catch fire on the merest contact with a lit cigarette, it was generating sufficient static electricity to run an electric toaster... Jx

      Delete
    2. Overheating one's lobby area can be such an inconvenience

      Delete
  2. How fun!

    I love the SE Asian inspired outfits on the female singers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The furthest East any of them had been was probably Düsseldorf... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]