Sunday 18 July 2021

Might-seduce-your-dad type


That's far too energetic for my kind of gardening...

It is sweltering today! Unfortunately it's also incredibly muggy, so - knowing that with all the gigantic overgrown weed trees which various considerate neighbours round here have neglected and block all our light, I would not only be sweating buckets but also be mainly in the shade if I stayed in the garden - I took off to the garden centre for a change of air. I had no particular shopping in mind and, given the price of everything even vaguely of interest, I returned empty-handed - but I got some sun in a lovely environment, so was worth going...

To complement that mellow, laid back feeling that a heatwave always brings, I think we are well overdue another outing for the archetypal purveyors of "Sunday music" - our "house band" Postmodern Jukebox!

Billie Eilish?! Who said I wasn't down with the kids, eh?

Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox official site

4 comments:

  1. I've seen Post Modern Jukebox in concert twice. They're rather fun and I enjoy a couple of their singers... though most are annoying and the founder wasn't at either concert :( Still, I appreciate his musical sensibilities. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore them. Shame Mr Bradlee wasn't in attendance - he's rather cute... Jx

      Delete
  2. Too hot to sleep. Have already been up for an hour. I will be seriously grumpy by the end of the week.
    This sounds very Fiddler on the Roof. Thank you for the music.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - hot all week, Ms Scarlet! Get ye to the beach for a swim to cool down... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]