Monday 5 July 2021

Who's "The Greatest Star"?

Bugger!

Another weekend is over in the blink of an eye...

As we vainly attempt to wake ourselves up enough to haul the bloody laptop out of the cupboard once again, there's a glimmer of joy on the horizon. Tomorrow would have been the 90th birthday of the magnificent Miss Della Reese [see more here, here and here] and so, on this Tacky Music Monday...

...what better excuse do I need to revisit probably my favourite (and probably the campest) clip from an American TV show, EVER?!

Have a good week, dear reader.

6 comments:

  1. I used to plead with my parents to watch Love Boat, but the weren't having any of it!
    Have a good week, Jon - and good luck dodging the rain showers when you nip out for a fag.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never watched it in our house, either - I do recall seeing that other weird "faded-and-almost-forgotten-guest-star" vehicle Fantasy Island, however. Even now, we have occasion to do Hervé Villechaize impressions: "Boss! Boss! Ze Plane! Ze Plane!"... Jx

      PS the forecast is a bit naff for the next few days here, too.

      Delete
  2. Ethel Wins ! and there goes my hearing !
    Fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOBODY could come even close to The Merm's decibel level... Jx

      Delete
  3. I remember Miss Piggy dueting with Merman. "I can sing any note higher than you" And the great Ethel shook her head and said yes, you can"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...then proceeded to out-sing the pig off the scale! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]