Tuesday 24 August 2021

Koroleva nochi!

Happy 30th birthday today to...

...Ukraine!

By way of a celebration, let's have a "kitsch-fest" [a musical style with which this nation is not unfamiliar], courtesy of a lady I "discovered" way back in 2013 - the singer, TV presenter and comedian known as "Super Blonde", Miss Olya Polyakova!

She's a bit of a Ukrainian gay icon. Can't imagine why...

She likes the seaside - and carrots...

....and finally... this sort of thing always happens to me when I'm shopping in the market:

Love her!

[Koroleva nochi (Королева Ночи) = "Queen of the Night" in English]

6 comments:

  1. Oh I do love a "kitsch-fest".
    Fab videos she should be a world wide Icon of Camp
    Happy Birthday Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her videos are highly entertaining, and you don't even need to speak Russian/Ukrainian to enjoy them! Jx

      Delete
  2. Underneath my coat I like a bit of sparkle too.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little shimmy in a sparkly frock whiles away the time while queuing at the wet fish counter, I find! Jx

      Delete
  3. She is everything I wish Eastern Europe could be! Adore. Oh, to be a sequin on a gown she wears for but a moment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]