Sunday 15 August 2021

Mighty and real


Me, Madam Arcati and Baby Steve, doing what we do...

Normally, on a Sunday I might choose to feature something typical of the sort of music BBC Radio 2 used to play; we call it "Sunday Music", indeed. You know the sort of thing - Big Bands, Dance Bands, crooners, Lounge music, general laid-back-ness.

Not this Sunday!

I have been so utterly pissed-off by the fact that I have had a fortnight's leave [admittedly relaxing, with lots of lie-ins, and all that] which was meant to encompass a picnic in Regent's Park (cancelled due to the fucking shit weather - which also meant any chance of lounging/pottering in the garden was out of bounds until Tuesday this week - and replaced by a drinking sesh in a Wetherspoons), a long weekend in my fave city on earth Amsterdam (which was cancelled due to onerous COVID restrictions) for my birthday, and to be topped-off with a mass gathering for our first post-lockdown live on-stage musical Anything Goes (which was also cancelled at short notice due to fucking COVID stuff), that this Sunday - my last day before returning to the joys of working for a living - I am determined to rave till my tits fall off!

A good enough excuse for a blow-out is the fact it happened to be the birthday yesterday of our "Patron Saint of Dance Music" Miss Ana Matronic - so in her honour, here's a collection of choons I either originally heard on her radio show or I know she has featured over the years...

Enjoy, dear chums!

Now THAT is how to end a disappointing fortnight's "holiday" - with a bang!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, you're taking me back to the days with this one. Delirium. Crystal Waters. Sing It and The Creeps! Adore. All. Sorry you've had such a bad go of it. Surely life will look kindly upon you and find a bit of joy for you to call your own. Be a good lad and have a dance on me... wishing you a marvelous celebration. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First sniff of poppers is in your honour! Jx

      Delete
  2. You three have definitely got The Moves! And you saved the best for last: Sylvester! (I haven't heard that Ralphi Rosario mix before - fab!) I feel the need to get my roller skates on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Matronic always features the very best mixes of otherwise familiar choons - I love the Moloko-meets-Donna-Summer one, too! Jx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Fine - but my bustle is in a bit of a state. Jx

      Delete
  4. Sooooo sorry to hear you had so many fun plans cancelled--you deserve to have a great time! --Especially since you've been lifting our spirits through this delayed pandemic of Covidiots with your funny posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the GIF
    Crank up the Wireless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well and truly cranked with this selection, I'd say! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]