Friday 20 August 2021

DiscoTrek?

Sharing the day with another ill-assorted clutch of "names" such as Coco Chanel, Jill St. John, Madame du Barry, Ogden Nash, President Bill Clinton, Diana Muldaur, Ian Gillan, Billy J. Kramer, John Dryden, Ginger Baker, Jennie Bond, John Deacon of Queen and Matthew Perry - and, by fortuitous coincidence, Jonathan Frakes (who played "Ryker" in The Next Generation) - yesterday marked the centenary of the birth of Mr Gene Roddenberry, creator of Star Trek!

Having already featured the "obvious" choice of choon to mark the occasion for our very own Mr DeVice's birthday earlier this year, I went searching for some other "Trek-themed-dance-music" to kick off the weekending party - and found a couple of real oddities...

First up, Uhura goes Disco!

...and then, this...

Thank Disco(?) It's Friday!

Have a good one, dear reader!

15 comments:

  1. Mr. DeVice will be all a titter over this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this is how Mr Devine spends his weekends? Those rocks looked familiar.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no shags in this video! Jx

      Delete
    2. You have no idea how long it takes to shoo away all the shags so filming can commence!

      Delete
    3. You? Shoo away a shag? Never... Jx

      Delete
  3. Stop picking on Mr D-V! Do any of YOU lot give me shags? NO!
    (That said, I'm not really a Trekky)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "You don't bring me shags
      You don't sing me love songs
      You hardly talk to me anymore
      When you come through the door
      At the end of the day"


      Jx

      Delete
    2. Ah, thank you for rushing to defend my honour, Dinah! I'd reward you with a shag or two, but I've already scared them off...

      Delete
    3. All this shagging is quite unseemly. Jx

      Delete
  4. How fab is that! I just love it. Fab video.
    All that trekkyness and Shakespeare to a disco beat to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite something, isn't it Madam A. I'd never seen the like before, and found it quite... Fascinating!

      Delete
    2. "Humans smile with so little provocation." - Spock

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]