Saturday 13 January 2024

Aperitivo or main course?

Having had a bit of a pottering day (well, afternoon actually, after I finally surfaced), I think it's time for the first selection in 2024 of the "newer" songs that have caught my ear of late...

First up, something glitzy and rather odd (as is my wont), but catchy nonetheless...

Speaking of "crazy" - house fave Miss Beth Ditto's back again!

I have to admit, this whole "K-Pop" music thing of the past few years has rather passed me by - the appeal of androgynous boys or identikit girl-groups posing over twee pop music is lost on me. However, this one's rather good:

A ditty I thought rather appealing, (in a sort-of-retro way), first heard (once again) thanks to the faboo Lisa Tarbuck show on Radio 2:

As it's only five weeks - and counting - till we're in Spain again, this Flamenco-tinged number from a German DJ (actually released last summer, but new to me) will do nicely by way of an aperitivo...

And, saving the best to last - another utterly brilliant mash-up by the marvellous Mr McClintock!

As ever, dear reader, let me know your thoughts...

6 comments:

  1. I appreciate very much these musical roundups since you are pretty much the only source of music created in this century that I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for choosing to fly Dolores Delargo Airways. Jx

      PS Just occasionally, there are some choons that you actually like...

      Delete
  2. Ariana - Meh.
    Gossip - Ditto!
    TVXQ - Ho Hum. But is interesting - might be a grower.
    CMAT - More my sort of thing!
    B-Boy Paco - There's a very familiar short riff in there that's on the tip of my tongue - Soup Dragons - I'm Free!!
    Korn - Yes, you saved the best til last!!

    Have you heard the new one by Teddy Swims? I love, love, love it!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to give Mr Swims a listen... Well done on spotting the Soup Dragons sample; I missed it! Jx

      PS I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Mr McClintock is a genius!!

      Delete
  3. An interesting mixture as always and all are now safely secured in the Vaults of the Delargo Towers music foundation archives.
    I am afraid that Teddy Swims will not be joining them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]