Thursday 18 January 2024

What I like doing best

“What I like doing best is Nothing."

"How do you do Nothing?" asked Pooh after he had wondered for a long time.

"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it, 'What are you going to do, Christopher Robin?' and you say, 'Oh, Nothing,' and then you go and do it.
It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."

"Oh!" said Pooh.”

It's apparently "Winnie the Pooh Day"! [Well, it's the birthday of AA Milne, who wrote the stories, but give the mayor of Los Angeles an inch and he'll take a mile...]

Let's indulge...

Sigh.

Childhood revisited.

8 comments:

  1. Oh bother. Not really but I could think of nothing else to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?” Jx

      Delete
  2. Does the LA mayor, maybe, have Disney shares?

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Could be worse. Not sure how, but it could be.”
    —Eeyore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “It’s snowing still. And freezing. However, we haven’t had an earthquake lately.” Jx

      Delete
  4. How lovely.
    I actually met Christopher Robin several times when I lived in Dartmouth in Devon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was he still as resentful of being used as a focus of his father's work as he was when he was younger, I wonder? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]