Wednesday 26 June 2024

¿Marica quién?, marica tú

The countdown to Gay Pride continues - and among some milestones in gay history this week worth recognition are the fact it is 57 years since the Sexual Offences Act that led to the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality in the UK was passed, 46 years (yesterday) since the launch of the first rainbow flag (in San Francisco), 21 years since the US Supreme Court ruled that all state laws that outlawed gay sex were illegal [yes - it took until 2003 for "the Land of the Free" to do this], and a decade since same-sex marriage became legal in the UK...

...oh - and it's sixteen years since I first posted this!

¿Qué importa si el niño sale gay?
Tú has nacido gay
Aunque cueste, hay que gritarlo
¡Soy gay!

¡Fiesta, fiesta!
Y pluma, pluma gay
Pluma, pluma gay
¡Pluma, pluma, pluma gay!

¡Fabulosa!

17 comments:

  1. Fiesta, fiesta. (The “Land of the Free” has been attemptin a move in reverse lately.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear the rumblings from across the pond, and shudder... Jx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Gay Xmas!!!!!!!! Roll on Saturday. Jx

      Delete
  3. Happy Gay Christmas!!!! New York City Pride should be a good time this weekend. I may as well just live out of my suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the original "Tart on Tour", dear. Happy Pride!! Jx

      Delete
  4. The BIG weekend is almost here and I hope that it isn't the last one on this side of the pond! I shudder, too, sweetpea, when I think of what could happen in November! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your weekend, sweetpea! I didn't mean to be such a Debbie Downer. xoxo

      Delete
    2. "BIG weekend"? I though LA Pride had been and gone? Jx

      Delete
    3. It has, June 9th, I meant for all y'all in the UK. My anxiety after seeing national news here affected the clarity (or lack of) my writing. xoxo

      Delete
    4. Oh, the UK general election. I am completely ambivalent about it all, to be honest. I don't like any of them! Jx

      Delete
  5. I've heard that tune before in some dreary bar in Gran Canaria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my recollection of Gran Canaria, there are a lot of dreary bars... Jx

      Delete
  6. Where did that guy keep getting the confetti he flung about with such gay abandon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lady has her secrets, dear 🤣 Jx

      Delete
  7. Maybe someone will invite me to a gay wedding one day? Just putting that hint out there... plus, I could write the envelopes for the invites for free if they did!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have no plans to marry, dear, so you can put away the hat for a while... 😍 Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]