Tuesday 27 April 2021

Nova música para a primavera


Gives a whole new meaning to vinyl flooring!

Time, methinks, for another "Pick of the Pops" - a selection of "newer" choons that have caught my ear of late...

First up, a very catchy little number with a camp-as-christmas video:

Here's a joyfully sunny one from a Brazilian-French combo, to cheer us all up as the skies here begin to turn cloudy and the first rain in weeks is forecast for tomorrow...

Not exactly new - the song itself is from 2012, and this version of it was a hit in 2018 - but I first heard this on Ana Matronic's radio show last week, so it's new to me:

I absolutely adore the video for this bizarre "club banger" [to use the vernacular of the benighted yoof, or at least Pete Tong] - the song's great, too!

This next one's just scary - but the song will soon become an "earworm" if you let it...

And finally, if all that's a bit too exhausting, here's an excellent chill-out for your delectation, which features Mr Pop at his most restrained:

As ever, dear reader, enjoy - and let me know your thoughts!

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Thank you for the mini rave. Fake Blood's video is a gas. And what a lovely ending. Mr. Iggy, indeed. Great stuff all around. The only one I was familiar with was Teeth. You sure get around Ms. Thang. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mini-rave, indeed - I've got my glow-sick out as we speak...

      Glad you enjoyed it. Jx

      Delete
  2. I would sOOOOOOOOOO totally do the kitchen floor if I could. How campy and unexpected!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather special, isn't it? I'd be afraid to walk on it, though, for fear of mucking it up. Jx

      Delete
  3. LOVE the video to the Fake Blood one! The music isn't bad, either. My favourite has to be the one you saved for last - I like Iggy Pop's calmer offerings ("We Have All The Time In The World" from David Arnold's James Bond Project springs to mind).

    btw, I was expecting the otter to eat that man's face off at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iggy Pop never fails to surprise me - from his classic era working with Bowie, to collaborations with everyone from Underworld to Grace Jones to Ofra Haza. Love him. Jx

      PS the Fake Blood video's a hoot, as is the "yodelling otter" one from Boston Bun!

      Delete
  4. Fab collection and all added to the library

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you thought them worthy of saving! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]